All things that appear in this world are transient. If you view all things that appear as never having appeared, then you will realize your true self.
--The Diamond Sutra
Links of Interest
- Most Unusual Religious Web Site -- Promotes tolerance and understanding.
- Joan Tollifson -- Joan's writings, several of which are included within the Dewdrops on this site, as well as her scheduled meetings and other information are available on her site.
- Advaita Fellowship -- Wayne Liquorman's site. Includes an excellent collection of varying ways of looking at the same thing. Includes audio files within the "Sage Pointers" category, various articles on nonduality, and links to Wayne's books.
- Sailor Bob Adamson -- Bob Adamson ended a lifelong search and discusses non-duality. The second site includes online audio and video clips.
- Free Awareness -- Bentinho Massaro's site, including a variety of articles, video, and related information.
- Heart of Now -- This is Greg Goode's Web site, filled with many helpful resources describing awareness: another word for the true Self.
- Stillness Speaks -- Web site providing a comprehensive collection of information about the pursuit of enlightenment from various perspectives. Includes many videos, articles, teachers and a wide variety of resources.
- Buddha at the Gas Pump -- An extensive series of penetrating interviews, not necessarily Buddhist but very Buddha. Watch for awhile and you'll see what I mean.
- Shining World -- James Swartz's site, featuring many articles, videos and help of various kinds leading to non-dual wisdom. See the excellent James Swartz interview video on our Photos & Videos page.
- Advaita.org.uk -- One of the most thorough presentations of the non-dual perspective maintained by Dennis Waite. Includes many articles, a dictionary of Sanskrit terminology, Eastern and Western viewpoints, basic questions asked and answered, and many connections to additional Web-based assistance.
- 3rd Millennium Gateway -- Great cross-section of information.
- elephant journal -- An unusually cool online magazine, full of articles, videos, and other stuff on different aspects of the mindful life.
- BigView -- Philosophy, religion, mythology from Greek to Buddhist. Includes a discussion forum. Form and emptiness got you stumped? Get unstumped!
- Nonduality Salon -- Over 1500 pages of material from a wide variety of practice but generally from the non-dual perspective.
- The Advaita Show -- Several blog-like pages of links to a series of 27 podcasts, featuring Sailor Bob Adamson, that you can listen to using Windows Media Player or download for playback on your iPod or equivalent device.
- Self-Discovery Portal -- Various resources for investigating who I am from both the Eastern and Western angles.
- Poet Seers -- Collection of poetry from a wide variety of sources. Includes biographical information and selected poems.
- The Headless Way -- A place to investigate your Self by pointing the finger at You! Presents the Self-discovery method of inquiry promoted by the philosopher, Douglas E. Harding. The site is available in several languages.
- Religion Facts -- Are you curious about a particular religion without a lot of propaganda? Then here's a great resource.
- Overview of World Religions -- Helpful, expandable flow charts of various religious traditions. When you click on a chart category, additional breakdowns are often available, many including brief descriptions of teachings, history, adherents, and other interesting details. Developed by St. Martin's College Department of Philosophy & Religion in the United Kingdom.
- Zoo Fence -- Thoughtful comments on life and living simplified.
- My Out Spirit -- Gay spirituality blog.
- The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society -- Encouraging awareness, empathy and compassion based upon a variety of traditions.
- Transcendentalists -- Complete books and essays of Henry David Thoreau.
- The Simple Living Network -- Resources for simplified living.
- Spiritual Sisters of the Internet Cafe -- Spiritual resources for women.
- White Crane -- A spirituality journal from the gay perspective.
- Befriending Ourselves -- Resources for inner peace and self-care, including practical steps one can take using mindfulness, self-empathy, emotional freedom, and psychotherapy, among others.
- Zen Buddhism -- A vast collection of information on all aspects of Zen; part of the World Wide Web Virtual Library.
- Zen Stories to Tell Your Neighbors -- A great introduction to Zen-think -- stories and some reactions to them.
- Gay & Lesbian Buddhists -- Links to a variety of gay and Lesbian Buddhist Web sites.
- Vermont Zen Center -- Place for learning and practicing Zen in the Philip Kapleau tradition.
- Springwater Center -- Retreat center in upstate New York that encourages the way of meditative inquiry encouraged by Toni Packer.
- Inner Explorations -- Christian mysticism, theology and metaphysics meet Eastern religions, Jungian psychology and a new sense of the earth.
- Christian Deism -- Christian Deists believe that God takes an interest in the world and humanity but does not control the world or humanity. Human beings are "free agents in a free world."
- Electronic Archives of Liberal Religion -- An extensive collection of original documents.
- Church of Reality -- Internet-based, open-source religion based on available evidence.
- God is Imaginary -- Challenges you to actually read the Bible and make some obvious conclusions. Includes a page of interesting videos.
- ExChristian -- The latest polls indicate a gradually shrinking number of people identifying themselves as religious. This site attempts to explain why and offers support to those who leave the fold.
- Believing the Unbelievable -- A one-hour video speech by Sam Harris delivered at the Aspen Ideas Festival. (A hi-speed Internet connection is recommended for video viewing.)
- Richard Dawkins -- Writings, video, and audio from the atheist perspective, which seeks truth from reason and substantiated evidence.
- World Pantheist Movement -- Reverence for the universe.
- Humanistic Texts -- Large online collection of freely available writings from many authors around the world from varying perspectives yet with the common thread a humanistic approach. Note the links to various writers near the top of the page. A helpful index to the available writings organized both by time and alphabetically by author is provided.
- The American Humanist Association -- Rationalism inspired by art and compassion.
- Freedom From Religion Foundation -- American organization of freethinkers whose goal is to maintain the principle of separation of religion and government.
- Skeptic Friends Network -- A little skepticism never hurt anyone and tends to keep you honest.
- CSICOP On-line Scientifically Investigating Paranormal and Fringe Science Claims -- Serious skepticism.
- The Secular Web -- Looking at things from the naturalist point of view, including an extensive online library, a blog, and links to audio/video files.
- Positive Atheism -- A godless alternative -- spirituality without deity.
- NoBeliefs -- Freethinkers thinking "religionless" thoughts.
Peace begins within you.
When one knows inner peace, then acceptance of others who may seem different, and the urge to end conflict between individuals, groups, and nations arises.
That's the message of Lotus and Rose.
Once you are at peace, work to bring peace to others.
Let's work to build a world of understanding and acceptance for the children of today who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
- News From Burma
- Save Darfur -- Ravaged by conflict, the Darfur region of Sudan cries for help.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation (USA) & International Fellowship of Reconciliation-- Interfaith peace organizations
- Baptist Peace Fellowship
- Buddhist Peace Fellowship
- American Friends Service Committee
- Muslim Peace Fellowship
- Zen Peacemakers -- Founded by Bernie Glassman
- Jewish Peace Fellowship The Foundation for Religious Freedom
- United for Peace -- Brings together a variety of people and organizations currently primarily focused on the situation in Iraq.
- Peace Action -- Practical, Positive Alternatives for Peace
- M.K. Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence -- Arun Ghandi, Mahatma Ghandi's grandson, and his wife, Sunanda carry on the peace mission of the Mahatma.
- Peacemaker Ministries -- A uniquely Christian approach to peace.
- Veterans for Peace
- Seeds of Peace -- Helping the children of war to break the cycle of violence.
- Peace Pilgrim -- Inspiring story of one woman's approach.
Regardless of where you read it or who says it --